Re: Re: Re: Limit of an expression?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67631] Re: [mg67608] Re: [mg67557] Re: Limit of an expression?
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 06:37:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 2 Jul 2006, at 19:27, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2006, at 17:15, David W.Cantrell wrote:
>
>>> (Limit[(1 - E^((-μ)*t*
>>>          (s - 1 - λ/μ)))/
>>>       (s - 1 - λ/μ),
>>>      t -> Infinity,
>>>      Assumptions ->
>>>       {μ > 0 && #1[s,
>>>          1 + λ/μ]}] & ) /@
>>>    {Greater, Equal, Less}
>>>
>>> {-(μ/(λ - s*μ + μ)),
>>>    0, Infinity}
>>
>> Much of the above is illegible to me, but I'm guessing that the
>> middle case
>> is equivalent to
>

> Actually, the above should be perfectly legible to you and anyone
> using a reasonably modern e-mail program.  All you have to do is to
> make sure that the message is displayed with Unicode (UTF-8)
> encoding. Your e-mail program should normally be able to choose the
> right encoding automatically but if it does not do so you should be
> able to change it manually.
>
> [It is better if posters do not send messages in this form
> in the first place -moderator]

Well,  Apple's Mail and probably most other modern e-mailers will use
this format automatically if the message text contains Greek letters
(as above) which is what will happen if you simply copy such text
from Mathematica and paste it into the mailer, even after converting
it to InputForm.
It seems to me that in such situations using Unicode is much simpler
for everyone concerned than any other alternative.

Andrzej Kozlowski