Re: Re: Limit of an expression?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67608] Re: [mg67557] Re: Limit of an expression?
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 06:27:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 30 Jun 2006, at 17:15, David W.Cantrell wrote:

>> (Limit[(1 - E^((-μ)*t*
>>          (s - 1 - λ/μ)))/
>>       (s - 1 - λ/μ),
>>      t -> Infinity,
>>      Assumptions ->
>>       {μ > 0 && #1[s,
>>          1 + λ/μ]}] & ) /@
>>    {Greater, Equal, Less}
>>
>> {-(μ/(λ - s*μ + μ)),
>>    0, Infinity}
>
> Much of the above is illegible to me, but I'm guessing that the
> middle case
> is equivalent to

Actually, the above should be perfectly legible to you and anyone
using a reasonably modern e-mail program.  All you have to do is to
make sure that the message is displayed with Unicode (UTF-8)
encoding. Your e-mail program should normally be able to choose the
right encoding automatically but if it does not do so you should be
able to change it manually.

[It is better if posters do not send messages in this form
in the first place -moderator]

Andrzej Kozlowski