Restricting TransformationFunctions in FullSimplify

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67936] Restricting TransformationFunctions in FullSimplify
  • From: yayabanana <yayabanana at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:53:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi.
I'm trying to simplify a rather complicated expression. Because I want to use the ExcludedForms option, I have to use FullSimplify instead of Simplify. However, I have no need for the fancy-pants transformations in FullSimplify. Is there a way to specify TransformationFunctions for FullSimplify so that only the transformations from Simplify are used? Or, is there a list of common options (eg factor, expand, etc etc) for TransformationFunctions available?

Thanks!