Re: word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68115] Re: word
  • From: "Mark Westwood" <markc.westwood at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 05:52:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi

This isn't a very helpful answer and I'm also going to ask the question
'Why do you want to do that ?', so don't feel obliged to read on ...

I have never found a satisfactory way of displaying bits and pieces
from Mathematica (graphics, equations, etc) in Word.  I'd go further
and claim never to have found a satisfactory way of displaying any
vector graphics format in Word.  So I've given up trying.

But ...

if I have a technical document to write, involving equations, graphics,
text, etc, I simply write it in Mathematica.  To publish it to
non-Mathematica owners you could either give them a copy of MathReader
(see the Wolfram web-site) or publish it as a PDF (several good free
PDF writers for PCs, go Google).

So, why not ditch Word since you already have a much better technical
documentation program on your desktop ?

Regards
Mark Westwood
Parallel Programmer