Re: word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68128] Re: [mg68102] word
  • From: Gerry Flanagan <flanagan at materials-sciences.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 04:01:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I was interested in getting notebook format and equations into Word with
Mathtype (at least 10 people will respond with "you shouldn't want to do
that", but when you're part of a company, there are good reasons).  The
best solution I've found for selected portions of a complex notebook is
to save as Tex, then use a third party utility called GrindEq
(www.grindeq.com). There's a limit to the size of expression it will
take, but when it works, it works well. Graphics are always another big
topic. I just save as EPS, and import into Word. BTW, with any solution
you'll always have to deal with the font issues if you don't have
Mathematica installed.
Gerry F.