Re: Re: Wolfram Workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68178] Re: [mg68145] Re: [mg67990] Wolfram Workbench
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 05:30:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

<gripe>
I dislike how Workbench organizes its files. Also, it is difficult to
tell exactly what directories are going to be created when a project
name is entered (it depends on the type of project chosen). I realize
this insanity comes from Eclipse' default operation. I'd rather not be
subject to the whims of this IDE... I want to put my files where I
want them.
</gripe>

How can Workbench be made to do the following?

pick a folder (arbitrary path)
the workspace will be in this folder
the project will also be in this same folder, not a subdirectory
an m file and a notebook will be in this folder as well
you can choose whatever name you want for the notebook and m file

Also, is there a way to shut off the Front End's notebook cache writing?