Re: Wolfram Workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68146] Re: [mg67990] Wolfram Workbench
  • From: "MarkC Westwood" <markc.westwood at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 02:26:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Chris

I'm a long-time user of Subversion, and before that CVS, for source
code control, mostly for Fortran.  I've never really got to grips with
Eclipse because it has rather flaky integration for Fortran, so I
thought that WW might be a way to get some more knowledge of Eclipse
and to put my Mathematica stuff under SCC.  Theoretically it should
work just fine, since notebooks have an all-text representation in
both nb and m forms.  Not sure I want to pore over a diff of a
versioned nb file mind you.

As for importing existing projects and files, there are some
instructions on this on the page on the link in my original posting.
I've tried it once and it worked fine.

I think I have all the same questions as you, and as soon as I get
some experience I'll start shring the answers.

Cheers
Mark