Re: Unprotecting "I"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64818] Re: Unprotecting "I"
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 02:35:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There isn't a problem with the lowercase letters, because none of them are
reserved.

For uppercase letters there is a neat workaround if you are prepared to use
a different (but related) alphabet (e.g. Script). If you open up the
Complete Characters palette (i.e. File, Palettes, Complete Characters) and
then open the Letters, Script subset of buttons you will see the Script
alphabet. If you hover the mouse over a button then you can see the
short-cut in the bottom left hand of the palette. So "esc s c I esc" (omit
inverted commas) will give you a script I that is independent of the plain I
that is reserved.

Steve Luttrell

news:du83rr$t12$1 at smc.vnet.net...