Re: Graphics3D polygon face colors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65029] Re: [mg65016] Graphics3D polygon face colors
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:57:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

AJ,

Use the graphics directives FaceForm, EdgeForm and SurfaceColor. If you want
the entire surface to be the same color all you will need if SurfaceColor.
You can use EdgeForm to subdue the 'mesh' by coloring them only a slightly
darker shade than the surface.

One problem is that regular Mathematica lighting is colored and if you try
to use lighter pastel colors for the objects the regular lighting will
overwhelm them.

The DrawGraphics package from my web site below has an option command,
NeutralLighting, that allows you to adjust the color saturation of the
lights so that surface colors will better display. It also allows you to
rotate the lights.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: AJ Friend [mailto:ajfriend at gatech.edu]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi,

If I display a polygon in 3 space with Graphics3D and the faces are
colored by the default light sources, does anyone know how to get the
rbg values for the face colors?

Thanks,
AJ Friend