Composition of series

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65337] Composition of series
  • From: Geico Caveman <spam at spam.invalid>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:56:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to compose two series with Mathematica :

One is f1(x) = ...

The other is x(y) = ...

ComposeSeries quits complaining that the expansion point of the first series
is different from the constant term of the second series
(ComposeSeries::scmp). What I am really trying to do here is to express f
(x) as a series in Log[x] (x is strictly greater than zero), so the second
series is simply the series expansion of Exp[y].

Mathematically, what is the problem with even attempting this operation ?
Can't I replace x by log(z) in the first series, no matter what ?