Changing Default Printing Settings?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65331] Changing Default Printing Settings?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:55:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'd like to modify the default Printing Settings for all the notebooks
on my HD, or all the notebooks that I create from now on, e.g.:

  --Narrower margins in File >> Printing Settings >> Printing Options

  --Add a centered "Date" in Printing Settings >> Headers & Footers

I gather this is a front end thing rather than a kernel thing (?).

So, where do I go to reset the defaults for future notebooks?

And is there any "one-click" way to apply the new default to an existing
notebook, akin to the one-click way of changing Style Sheets?  Can one
have a collection of named printing formats, akin to named Style Sheets?

Thanks . . .