Re: Re: Re: On order of options to Graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70390] Re: [mg70364] Re: [mg70323] Re: On order of options to Graphics
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 00:18:59 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/14/06, Nasser Abbasi <nma at 12000.org> wrote:
> As a side note, examples should not be used as a substitute for
> documentation on how to compose commands.

Agreed. Examples are great for learning, but something that shows the
accepted syntax would be welcome.

However, the syntax acceped by many Mathematica commands can be
complex. Looking at a pattern for an acceptable Graphics object might
not be very instructive... but I'd like to see them take a crack at
it.

After they fix exporting to PNG, EPS, XML, MathML, SVG (see previous
rants for specifics)

and then after they fix imports of those same formats (see my previous
rants for specifics)

and then after they change the attributes of Plot and FindMinimum to
HoldFirst instead of HoldAll (see previous posts)

Well, actually, now that I think about it. I would rather have them do
a lot of other stuff first.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/