Different results after update to Mathematica 5.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70511] Different results after update to Mathematica 5.2
  • From: Virgil Stokes <vs at it.uu.se>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 04:17:29 -0400 (EDT)

I have been testing a package for dimensional analysis which works fine
in an earlier version of Mathematica (used by the author Raya Khanin).
However, when I execute a demo notebook for the package (in Mathematica
5.2)  I get results which are different than obtained when the same
notebook is executed in an earlier version of Mathematica. I believe
that I have narrowed the problem down to one module; but, I have no idea
how to fix it.

I can supply the two results from two different versions of Mathematica
in PDF file format (with the necessary Mathematica notebooks, packages)
to anyone that would be so kind to try to find what is causing the problem.

Thanks,
V. Stokes