Re: Mathematica 6.0 Outtags

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79717] Re: Mathematica 6.0 Outtags
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 03:57:34 -0400 (EDT)

On 8/1/07 at 5:15 AM, tomfabtastic at hotmail.com wrote:

>I am creating a report in a Mathematica 6.0 notebook.  However, I
>don't want the Out[] tags to show beside the graphs.  Is there
>anyway I can supress the Out[] tags ?

In the preferences, select the Evaluation tab and uncheck Show
In/Out names. Leaving this unchecked means all notebooks will no
longer show either the In[] or Out[] tags. Checking this will
cause the tags to show if there are cells in the notebook that
have been evaluated since it was opened.

The alternative (if you don't want this to be persistent across
notebooks) is to save the notebook, close it and reopen it. Now
none of the In[]/Out[] tags will show.