Re: Serious Problem with GridLines

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79839] Re: Serious Problem with GridLines
  • From: Daniel Flatin <dflatin at are_sea_en.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 03:40:13 -0400 (EDT)

On 2007-08-04 06:22:02 -0400, "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net> said:

> I reveived a nice answer from Chris Chiasson who passed on an answer from
> James Mulnix at WRI Technical Support.
>
> It appears that Graphics now has Method as an option and among the methods
> are the following:
>
> Method -> {"AxesInFront" -> True/False}
> Method -> {"GridLinesInFront" -> True/False}
>
> and that gives the control we need.

This is nowhere in the package documentation. Three years ago Ted Ersek
published the last update to his Mathematica Tips and Tricks notebook
and website:

<http://www.verbeia.com/mathematica/tips/HTMLLinks/Tricks_Misc_9.html>

In one section he mentioned how some functionality of Mathematica is
not documented anywhere in the distribution, and it appears to have
only gotten worse. He included a URL to a Wolfram documentation page:

<http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/kernel/Symbols/>

Checking this page for "Method" or for "GridLinesInFront" fails to
reveal anything about this functionality.