Re: Progess bar in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79961] Re: Progess bar in Mathematica
  • From: Albert <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:31:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Is it possible to generate a kind of progess indicator in Mathematica?
> I could use Print[] but this scrolls the screen.
>
> Im looking for something like
>
>     Application.StatusBar = "Please be patient..."
>
> in Visual Basic for Applications for Excel.
>
> Any hints are greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Wolfgang

The following is for version 6:

There is the Option WindowStatusArea for Notebooks, which you can use in
many ways, among them as in the following code:

SetOptions[EvaluationNotebook[],
  WindowStatusArea -> "Please be patient..."]

On the other hand, you might want to look at the documentation for

ProgressIndicator

which looks like it could be made exactly for what you are trying to do...

hth,

albert