Re: Re: Version 6 "Mathematica Book" - updated

Thomas,

My feeling is that the tutorials in your chapter Further Tutorials are
just waiting to be adapted to the overall stucture of documentation
tutorials or to be removed. Your three main chapters are based on
overview notebook files that have links to  other tutorials, all of them
having a TOCTitle cell and lower level links in TOCSection,
TOCSubsection, TOCSubsubsections cells. All these tutorials are found in
the three main chapters of your virtual book.

The further tutorials have a different structure. First, there is no
overview notebook containing a link to them. Then the relevant cells do
not have a TOC-structure. When there is a title cell at all, the type is
just Title. Moreover, when opened, some of them show the heading
obsolete tutorial.

As far as I know, WRI is working very hard on the documentation an I
expect that already in the next release we will have more overview
notebooks on more topics (stylesheets!) than we have now. That will have
an impact on your very useful virtual Mathematica book. But if that
release will have THE Mathematica book again is another question.
Personally, I feel no need for it and, like you, I am very happy with
the new documentation center.

Fred Simons
Eindhoven University of Technology