Re: Re: Unicode character property (Open, Close, etc)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80516] Re: [mg80482] Re: [mg80441] Unicode character property (Open, Close, etc)
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 01:56:47 -0400 (EDT)

Okay, well that explains it, then.  The behavior you describe was,
in fact, a bug in earlier versions of Mathematica, and the latest
version of Publicon is still based upon one of those earlier
versions of Mathematica.  I think that, for your purposes, the
Open and Close lexical properties of the curly quotes aren't
really that important.  So I recommend that you simply replace them
with NonBreakingAfterLetter and NonBreakingBeforeLetter.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group
Wolfram Research, Inc.

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:34:19 +0800, =C0=F7=D5=FD=BC=AA wrote:
> I have found such line-breaking behavior in Publicon:
>
> \[CloseCurlyDoubleQuote] appears at the beginningof a line.
>
> If I change \[CloseCurlyDoubleQuote]'s property from "Close" to
> "NonBreakingBeforeLetter", the line-breaking looks good.
>
> The file listed below could show the behavior. There are simplified
> Chinese characters (CP936) in it.
>
> Maybe this is only a shortcoming of Publicon 1.0.1?
<snip>