Re: Presentations Package Announcement

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83961] Re: Presentations Package Announcement
  • From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 07:19:10 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 4, 10:42 am, sdw <nospam.warw... at jps.net> wrote:
> After 10+ years of Mathematica being in existence,  why Wolfram can't seem to
> include these capabilities directly in the program I do not understand.

Actually It's 20 years.
Mathematica is essentially a programming language with thousands of
functions, so there is practically no limit to what can be done with
it.
WRI can't possibly put everything into it. You should see Mathematica
as a very sophisticated toolbox, which can be used to develop more
specialized applications. This is the job of independent developers or
yourself.
In this past 20 years several professionally made packages have been
developed by 3rd parties, mostly costing hundreds (or thousands) of
dollars.Mr. Park's packages are a notable and very welcome exception.
We are lucky to have independent developers, like Mr. Park, providing
high quality packages and great customer service at a very reasonable
cost.