how to plot a 2-parametric output from Solve with Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72518] how to plot a 2-parametric output from Solve with Plot3D
  • From: "T.Sariyski" <tsariysk at verizon.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 06:36:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I have an output from a Solve that returns a solution as a list of
rules. Each branch of the solution is a two-parametric function e.g.

{{ x -> Something(a,b),  y->Something(a,b)},...

I want to plot a specific branch of the solution with Plot3D as a
function of {a,b}. I tried to assign a solution branch to a function
sol11[a,b]

sol11[a_,b_]=%[[1,1]]

and to plot sol11 but it doesn't work. How can I access a parametric
solution as returned from Solve as  a function of it's parameters?

Thanks, Ted