Re: anyone tried the debugger?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78982] Re: [mg78948] anyone tried the debugger?
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 02:45:34 -0400 (EDT)

The documentation on this feature is sparse (for the moment).  The best
descriptions available probably would be embedded in recent tech conference
notebooks written by me available on MathSource, although these will be sparse,
too, since I wrote them more for an oral presentation.

But, in your case, I think the problem may be relatively simple.  Any code that
you're debugging has to be evaluated while the debugger is turned on. Keeping
track of debugging information induces a performance overhead, so debugging
information isn't tracked unless you've specifically enabled the debugger and
evaluated the code.

If you've already evaluated your function definitions, then you can just
re-evaluate them after enabling the debugger.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group