Re: Re: Graphics does not work: please comment.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77273] Re: [mg77190] Re: Graphics does not work: please comment.
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 07:08:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 06:50:23 -0400 (EDT), P_ter wrote:
> To All,
>
> Maybe I was not clear enough what my problem is.
>
> I expect to get a graphics rendering in postscript with the command
> Plot[x,{x,0,1}] and Shift Return, but I just get an empty rectangle. I
> have no idea why. But I asked myself is the postscript produced by
> Mathematica 5.2 correct?
> That is why I put the output of Show Expression on the newsgroup.
> Please have a look.
> with friendly greetings,
> P_ter

This is one of those problems which is going to be hard to solve in a forum like this.  It's most certainly not a general bug that people on this forum are
seeing.  It probably depends upon your machine configuration, or possibly some
aspect of how Mathematica is set up, and it could involve a few back and forth
exchanges to work out by trial and error what the problem might be.  If you
haven't already, you should certainly contact Wolfram's Technical Support
(support at wolfram.com) about this.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com