Re: Arranging input data (nonlinear control systems)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77641] Re: [mg77563] Arranging input data (nonlinear control systems)
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:27:54 -0400 (EDT)

This might help:

Clear[Shift,Pseudo]
discrete := {Shift[a_, t_] :> (a /. t -> t + 1),
    PseudoD[a_, t_] :> 0};
continuous := {Shift[a_, t_] :> a, PseudoD[a_, t_] :> Dt[a, t]};
difference := {Shift[a_, t_] :> (a /. t -> t + 1),
    PseudoD[a_, t_] :> Shift[a, t] - a};
qShift := {Shift[a_, t_] :> (a /. t -> q*t), PseudoD[a_, t_] :> 0};
qDifference := {Shift[a_, t_] :> (a /. t -> q*t),
    PseudoD[a_, t_] :> Shift[a, t] - a};

Now, anywhere you need a set of rules, you can mention it by name:

StateSpace[f, Xt, Ut, t, h, Yt, discrete]

but remember you're passing rules, not functions.

Instead, you could define the rule-sets as strings:

discrete = "Clear[Shift,Pseudo];Shift[a_,t_]:=(a/.t\[Rule] \
t+1);PseudoD[a_,t_]=0;"
continuous = "Clear[Shift,Pseudo];Shift[a_,t_]:= \
a;PseudoD[a_,t_]:=Dt[a,t];"
difference = \
"Clear[Shift,Pseudo];Shift[a_,t_]:=(a/.t\[Rule]t+1);PseudoD[a_,t_]\
:=Shift[a,t]-a;"
qShift = "Clear[Shift,Pseudo];Shift[a_,t_]:=(a/.t\[Rule]q*t);PseudoD[\
a_,t_]:=0;"
qDifference = \
"Clear[Shift,Pseudo];Shift[a_,t_]:=(a/.t\[Rule]q*t);PseudoD[a_,t_]\
:=Shift[a,t]-a;"

and then, when you've called

StateSpace[f, Xt, Ut, t, h, Yt, discrete]

StateSpace can temporarily use the rules passed to it by executing

ToExpression[ruleSet];

where ruleSet is the last argument in the pattern definition for
StateSpace.

For instance:

ToExpression[discrete]
?Shift