MathLink: letting Mathematica do the hard work

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77775] MathLink: letting Mathematica do the hard work
  • From: "alexxx.magni at gmail.com" <alexxx.magni at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:57:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everybody,

In a C program I'm writing, I need to perform a traveling-salesman-
type calculation.
Knowing that Mathematica surely optimized it better than I could be
able to, I wanted to see if it exists a way to call the kernel from my
C program, pass to it my list of vertices, and get the result.

>From what I found until now it seems to me that MathLink is mostly
used in the opposite direction: to call external programs from
Mathematica.
Do you know if the opposite is possible?

Thanks!

Alessandro Magni