Re: Trying to export two column table to text file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77834] Re: Trying to export two column table to text file
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:51:43 -0400 (EDT)

Diana wrote:

> Export["sequence.txt", tttable]
>
> I get an output line of "sequence.txt", but then can not find the
> file.

Directory[]

will tell you what the current directory is, which is where you should
find your exported file.

Use

SetDirectory["path"]

to set the directory to a particular path.

You might also find Insert / File Path (up on the Mathematica main menu)
to be helpful.

> I am using Windows Vista, and believe I am searching the whole
> computer.

I don't know about Vista, but it is not easy to get Windows XP to search
the entire computer. The default behavior is to only search for files
with popular file extensions (.txt, .doc, .jpg, etc.), and not to look
in hidden or system files / folders.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont