Re: save as pdf in version 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78205] Re: save as pdf in version 6
  • From: Albert <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 04:06:09 -0400 (EDT)

Chris Chiasson wrote:
> Hans Riniker wrote to tell me that printing to a file (with extension
> ..prn) allows one to convert to PDF via GSview (really, Ghostscript),
> while simultaneously retaining strike through fonts. Thanks for the
> solution and for allowing me to repost it on the MathGroup. I wonder
> if there is a way to print .prn files on Linux?

maybe this is too obvious and I also did not check whether it works, but
just in case: have you tried to print to file on Linux and checked
whether the resulting Postscript-File is o.k.? There should be several
ways to convert the resulting postscript file to pdf, usually you will
have something like ps2pdf installed...

hth,

albert