Re: Copying input from the Wolfram blog

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78207] Re: [mg78188] Copying input from the Wolfram blog
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 04:07:11 -0400 (EDT)

I had and have the same frustration and have expressed the same via the
"Send feedback" link on the blog site.

However, I've since noticed that code in SOME of the blog articles are
not images, but rather text that can be copied directly.  This is the
case, e.g., with Theo Gray's "Computable Data Functions" (29 May 2007)
and his  "Why Spend More Than Five Minutes on a GUI?" (17 May 2007).

On the other hand, the code in Chris Carlson's "In Mathematica Pictures
Are worth a Thousand Words" (8 Jue 2007) consists entirely of
non-copyable images.  Ditto for Kovas Boguta's "Symbolic Programming
Visualized" (13 May 2007) and the one piece of code in Stephen Wolfram's
"Today We Put a Prize on a Small Turing Machine" (14 May 2007).

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305