Re: fill circle while using circle command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74251] Re: fill circle while using circle command
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:07:15 -0500 (EST)

Why to use the Graphics command?

You can achieve what you want with simple graphics programming.

Before presenting the code, I will break it in its steps so that
you understand the procedure.

To this end Copy/Paste the following in a notebook (as a whole cell)
and execute the commands.

Print["here is your circle"]
g = ParametricPlot[{Cos[y], Sin[y]}, {
    y, 0, 2*Pi}, Axes -> False, PlotStyle -> Thickness[0.01],
AspectRatio ->
        1];
Print["look at the InputForm of g"]
Print["InputForm\[Implies] "  InputForm[g]]
Print["the circle is constructed by connecting\nwith
        Line the following points"]
Cases[g, {(x_)?NumberQ, (y_)?NumberQ}, Infinity]
Print["wrap the list of points to Polygon"]
Polygon@%%
Print["the resulting shape"]
Show[Graphics[%%], AspectRatio -> 1]

Note we have full access in this way.

Indeed see the output of the complete code, below:

Block[{$DisplayFunction = Identity}, g = ParametricPlot[{Cos[y],
Sin[y]}, {y, 0, 2*Pi}, Axes -> False,
     PlotStyle -> Thickness[0.02]]];
Show[{g, g /. Line[x_] :> {GrayLevel[0.7], Polygon[x]}}, AspectRatio -
> 1];

Best Regards
Dimitris

=CF/=C7 Tony Harris =DD=E3=F1=E1=F8=E5: