Re: Animate command on ListPlot:

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74295] Re: Animate command on ListPlot:
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 02:08:15 -0500 (EST)

Gopinath Venkatesan wrote:
> Don Taylor replied me with an example on animating ListPlots and it was missed in the forum database. So I am posting his reply as received.
>
> Table[ListPlot[{{i,i^2},{1.1i,1.1i^2},{1.2i,1.2i^2},{1.3i,1.3i^2}},
>    PlotJoined->True,PlotRange->{{1,6},{1,36}}],{i,1,5}]
>
> When this has finished making the plots doubleclick on the first
> plot and at least on my system it animates the sequence of plots
> over and over.
>
> I'd love to find out where this is documented.
> (Another "user discoverable interface?")
>
> Don Taylor
>
> Thanks for the help. It worked for me. I wonder if there is a way to suppress the display of rest of the plots and show only one plot which will animate the entire set of listplots.
>
> Gopinath Venkatesan
> Graduate Student
> University of Oklahoma

The supplementary material for the book __Mathematica for Physics,
Second Edition_, by Bobert L. Zimmerman and Frederick I. Olness,
Addison-Wesley 2002, contains a complete example of what you want to
achieve.

The archives are freely available at
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Books/4539/

Download one of the files named OlnessZimmermanBook.zip/.uu/.sea.hqx
depending on your system, and extract the notebook called
*AnimationSample.nb*

"This sample generates a simple Mathematica graphic in a single output
cell."

Regards,
Jean-Marc