Re: Compatibility woes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76047] Re: [mg75986] Compatibility woes
  • From: Mark Adler <madler at alumni.caltech.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 04:57:42 -0400 (EDT)

On May 14, 2007, at 12:08 PM, DrMajorBob wrote:
> ToPackedArray is available after:
>
> << Developer`

Yes, that's what I had in there already.  And that works.  However a
Package referring to Developer` that implicitly uses Needs doesn't
work.  I get the same error message with an explicit Needs:

Needs["Developer`"]

Needs::"nocont" :
    "Context "Developer`" was not created when Needs was evaluated.

I get this error with a fresh kernel, whether or not I do a Get on
Developer` first.  I went to the help to try to figure this out
(maybe there was a new secret name), but no joy.

Mark