Re: Mathematica 6.0 and MatrixManipulations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76212] Re: Mathematica 6.0 and MatrixManipulations
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 06:00:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

if you load the package you got the message but ZeroMatrix[]
is still working and asking for BlockMatrix[] gives

BlockMatrix[block] is an obsolete function. Use ArrayFlatten[block] \
instead.

and this will probalbly answer your question
"... what *should* I be using now instead of "BlockMatrix",
"ZeroMatrix", etc.? "

and forgot the Help Browser -- the good old Information[] is
mutch better ...

Regards
   Jens