Re: Mathematica 6.0 and MatrixManipulations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76249] Re: Mathematica 6.0 and MatrixManipulations
  • From: Michael <mcauxeu at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 06:20:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm ...

Yesterday, after perusing version 6.0, it appears that "ArrayFlatten"
and "ConstantArray" are two new commands to be aware of.  In the
online documentation, ArrayFlatten also will work with implicitly-
defined dimensions for zero matrices, such as the following case:

In1:= m = {{a,b},{c,d}};
In2:= newMat=ArrayFlatten[{{0,m,0},{0,0,m}}];

Neat!

Regards,

Michael