Re: Where is the Mathematica

Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> You CARRIED the Mathematica book onto the airplane with you?  You must
> have been very strong or checked all your other baggage?
>
> W. Craig Carter wrote:
>> ... I often (and prefer to in many cases) work offline. Having the
>> Mathematica book while working on an airplane was very
>> useful.

I suspect he is referring to the electronic copy buried inside 5.2, but
  years ago, I read portions of the actual book in bed each night before
going to sleep!

Reading an actual book just feel different and there are no
distractions. Above all, the book put all the features into context
because you could read about functions in the order that Stephen Wolfram
meant you to read them.

The new help system is OK for experienced users, but I am not sure I
would like to pick up Mathematica from scratch that way.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk