Dialogs and inheritance

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76417] Dialogs and inheritance
  • From: "alexxx.magni at gmail.com" <alexxx.magni at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 02:40:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I'm trying to learn to use Dialogs for debugging purposes - since I
cannot learn the right way to use the integrated debugger.
Can you please tell me what is wrong in the following???

In[1]:= Module[{a},
 Do[
     a = {i, Sin[i]};
     Dialog[],
  {i, 100}]]

(Dialog) In[2]:= i

(Dialog) Out[2]= 1

(Dialog) In[3]:= a

(Dialog) Out[3]= a

I thought under Dialog I could be able to see all the local values of
the variables!

P.S. any hint on where to start with the integrated debugger? The V6
guide: guide/TuningAndDebugging is rather limited...

thanks!

Alessandro Magni