Evaluation Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76448] Evaluation Question
  • From: hoffmannick <hoffmannick at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 02:56:30 -0400 (EDT)

Can anyone help me solve the following problem?

I have a function of 3 variables, let's say
f[a_, b_, c_] = a + b + c

Now I need to evaluate the function at some given points.  To evaluate
at a single point I would do
f[0,0,1]

For the point (0,0,1)

Now here is the main question.
I need to evaluate this function at the points (0,0,0) through (1,1,1)
That would be the points:
0,0,0
0,0,1
0,1,0
0,1,1
1,0,0
1,0,1
1,1,0
1,1,1

I'm testing these for approx 32 different functions.  Is there an easy
way that I can define the function and then have it test all the
points for me?  It will always be those finite points listed above.

I looked into the mathematica documentation and it said how to do this
with a function of a single variable, but it didn't say how to do it a
function of more than one variable.

I really appreciate your help