Re: Changing default size of new notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76983] Re: Changing default size of new notebook
  • From: dimitris <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 03:23:00 -0400 (EDT)

I didn't think the time to think but try this

In[25]:=
NotebookCreate[WindowSize -> {600, 600}, WindowMargins -> {{0,
Automatic}, {Automatic, 0}}, WindowMovable -> False]

In this way you have a new notebook with Postion at the upper left
corner of the screen, you have set
its size and you will have fix its placement. Try to move it!

If you want your notebook to be movable do not set WindowMovable ->
False.

Something funny now

In[101]:=
wind = Insert[Tuples[DeleteCases[Tuples[{0, Automatic}, 2], {a_, a_}],
2], {{400, 400}, {100, 100}}, -1];

In[100]:=
(NotebookCreate[WindowSize -> {300, 300}, WindowMargins -> #1] & ) /@
wind

BTW, for users of Mathematica 6

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/NotebookCreate.html?q=NotebookCreate

The command has been by superseded CreateDocument.

Dimitris

 /  chuck009       :