Re: Can you get a package back to a notebook easily?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83085] Re: Can you get a package back to a notebook easily?
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 03:40:12 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 8, 6:17 am, John Fultz <jfu... at wolfram.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 06:29:53 -0500 (EST), Szabolcs Horv=E1t wrote:
> > David Reiss wrote:
>
> >> Actually, in Version 6+ the answer is no.
>
> >> The initialization cells are saved, and some other classes of cells
> >> are contained as comments with special information that allows them to
> >> still be viewed when the .m file opened in Mathematica.
>
> >> Try it out and then open the .m file in a text editor to see this...
>
> > Can you give an example?  Before I replied, I tried it with a notebook
> > that only had input cells and text cells.  Only the initialization input
> > cells were saved.

Ah! So that's the reason why what I wrote earlier about non
initialization cells appearing in comments for a auto-saved package
wasn't behaving as I remembered it.  I had thought it was a dream that
I had that somehow entered my reality.  No, just a change in going
from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1.

--David

--David
A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...
http://scientificarts.com/worklife/