Re: Minimizing Mathematica file size for source code control?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg83249] Re: Minimizing Mathematica file size for source code control?
- From: "Eckhard Hennig" <aidev at n-o-s-p-a-m.kaninkolo.de>
- Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:25:00 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
"Gordon Robertson" <grobertson at bcgsc.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:fhh7db$8n6$1 at smc.vnet.net... > I'm relatively new to Mathematica v6. I want to start to commit > notebooks to an SVN source code repository. Many of my notebooks > contain imported files and plots generated from the files; such > notebooks are often larger than 20MB. > > Because I will/can regenerate data imports and plots when I next run the > notebook, it should be possible to routinely reduce the file size by > removing these data from the notebook, so that notebooks can be > comfortably > submitted to source control. > > Could I ask more experienced Mathematica users for comments on how to > address SCC? Hi Gordon, try the rmnbcache utility from Tim Wichmann http://www.itwm.fhg.de/as/asemployees/wichmann/nbcache.html Best regards, Eckhard -- Dr.-Ing. Eckhard Hennig www.kaninkolo.de/ai aidev \at kaninkolo \dot de