Minimizing Mathematica file size for source code control?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83205] Minimizing Mathematica file size for source code control?
  • From: Gordon Robertson <grobertson at bcgsc.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:32:17 -0500 (EST)

I'm relatively new to Mathematica v6. I want to start to commit
notebooks to an SVN source code repository. Many of my notebooks
contain imported files and plots generated from the files; such
notebooks are often larger than 20MB.

Because I will/can regenerate data imports and plots when I next run the
notebook, it should be possible to routinely reduce the file size by
removing these data from the notebook, so that notebooks can be comfortably
submitted to source control.

Could I ask more experienced Mathematica users for comments on how to address SCC?

---
Gordon Robertson
Gene Regulation Informatics
Canada's Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre
Vancouver BC Canada
www.bcgsc.ca
grobertson at bcgsc.ca