Re: Choosing preferred functions for Trig Simplification?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg83292] Re: Choosing preferred functions for Trig Simplification?
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 05:13:18 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AES wrote: > > n1 Csc[ theta2 ] = n2 Csc[ theta1 ] > > instead of > > n1 Sin[ theta1 ] = n2 Sin[ theta2 ] > According to <http://enterprise.maa.org/scripts/WA.EXE?A2=ind9712&L=math-history-list&T=0&F=&S=&P=19830>, Snellius had originally used the cosecant form. ;-) Szabolcs