Re: Split window vertically or horizontally in Math6.0?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg83507] Re: Split window vertically or horizontally in Math6.0?
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 05:59:15 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
W. Craig Carter wrote: > Splitting a window for editing: > > I'd like to be able to split a window so that I can see the > top part of a long notebook and the bottom part > synchronously. > > I am wondering if anyone has done this--or if it is a > feature that I am missing? If not, is this something others > would find useful enough to suggest for future versions? I don't think that it is possible to split windows, but I agree that this would be useful. What I currently do is that I split the notebook into sections (in Mathematica 6, use the Window -> Show Toolbar command to show the toolbar, and insert cells of type Section). A complete section can be collapsed using the handles on the right edge of the window. If only those sections are open on which I am currently working, I do not need to scroll long distances in the notebook. -- Szabolcs