Re: Split window vertically or horizontally in Math6.0?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83507] Re: Split window vertically or horizontally in Math6.0?
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 05:59:15 -0500 (EST)

W. Craig Carter wrote:
> Splitting a window for editing:
>
> I'd like to be able to split a window so that I can see the
> top part of a long notebook and the bottom part
> synchronously.
>
> I am wondering if anyone has done this--or if it is a
> feature that I am missing? If not, is this something others
> would find useful enough to suggest for future versions?

I don't think that it is possible to split windows, but I agree that
this would be useful.  What I currently do is that I split the notebook
into sections (in Mathematica 6, use the Window -> Show Toolbar command to show
the toolbar, and insert cells of type Section).  A complete section can
be collapsed using the handles on the right edge of the window.  If only
those sections are open on which I am currently working, I do not need
to scroll long distances in the notebook.

--
Szabolcs