using Save/Get with a function definition

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81677] using Save/Get with a function definition
  • From: congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 04:49:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Mathematica UG:

I am trying to use" Get" with a function definition. I can guess I am
not saving it properly. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is my
test:

Expand[(x+y)^3] >> tmp1

f[x_] := Sin[x]

% >> tmp1

(exit Mathematica)

(bring up Mathematica)

<< tmp0

(shows expanded poly)

<< tmp1

(no output)

?f

Information::notfound: Symbol f not found. >>

Thanks in advance.

Regards..