Re: Creating "sticky" item in File >> Open Recent menu?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81703] Re: Creating "sticky" item in File >> Open Recent menu?
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 05:28:20 -0400 (EDT)

Go to Option inspector,

Choose Global preferences
Under Global options choose Menu Settings
On the NOtebooks MEnu item click on the edit box (thie thingie with a
hammer and wrench icon on it)
This brings up a dialog that allows you to edit the items that are
currently in your history or to add ones.
For the ones that you want to keep permanently, click "edit" and
uncheck "recycle menu slot automatically)

This functionality is rather deeply embedded in the optoin inspector
structure...

In A WorkLife FrameWork there is a palette that has Favorites and
Recent files that you nave opened, which extends this sort of thing
consideralby (see http://scientificarts.com/worklife/documentation/favoritesandrecentpalette.html).

--David
http://scientificarts.com/worklife
A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...