Re: Creating "sticky" item in File >> Open Recent menu?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81770] Re: Creating "sticky" item in File >> Open Recent menu?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 02:30:56 -0400 (EDT)

> On Oct 1, 4:56 am, AES <sieg... at stanford.edu> wrote:

> > There was a way in 5.1 to insert "sticky" notebook names in the File >>
> > Open Recent menu -- does 6 have the same

and David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com> replied:

      Go to Option inspector,
      Choose Global preferences
      Under Global options choose Menu Settings
      On the Notebooks Menu item click on the edit box
      (the thingie  with a hammer and wrench icon on it)
      This brings up a dialog that allows you to edit the items that
      that are currently in your history or to add ones.
      For the ones that you want to keep permanently, click "edit"
      and uncheck "recycle menu slot automatically)

Thanks much! -- worked for me -- except for two minor points:

1)  I don't see any "Menu settings" item in the Global Options window;
better wording (for my case, anyway) would have been

         "In the Alphabetical list of Global Options, scroll down
            to and select "Notebooks Menu" and then click on . . . "

2)  I had to work out that user stylesheets (on Mac, at least) go into

   /Users/<me>/Library/Mathematica/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets

Only remaining unresolved (but serious) issue:

      style sheet?
      Style sheet?
      Style Sheet?
      stylesheet?
      Stylesheet?
      StyleSheet?

[Depends on phases of the moon?  Only NKS can resolve this?]