Re: Re: Number of interval Intersections for a large number of intervals

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81767] Re: [mg81718] Re: [mg81679] Number of interval Intersections for a large number of intervals
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 02:29:23 -0400 (EDT)

I realized, after sending, that it's only the Piecewise discontinuities
that Exclusions detects, not the others caused by InterpolationOrder->0.
It appears that Exclusions occur only at min and minHigh, not at max and
maxLow, yet that's an illusion, as these plots show:

Plot[count2@x, {x, maxLow - 0.1, maxLow + 0.1}]
Plot[count2@x, {x, max - 0.1, max + 0.1}]

count2 is constant near maxLow and max, but Exclusions causes a spurious
gap in the horizontal line at those points. That gap is present but
invisible, I suppose, in the broader chart,

Plot[count2@x, {x, -1, 1}]

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com