filesize of EPS is too large, how to reduce it?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81821] filesize of EPS is too large, how to reduce it?
  • From: ROBERTO <opopop at nonnospammo.jp>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 04:24:12 -0400 (EDT)

I make contourplots and then export them with
Export["/home/file.eps",%]
This give me very large EPS, i.e. if PlotPoints is set to 200 I get a
5MB EPS. I tried to convert the EPS or reduce it with tools available in
linux, imagemagick, eps2eps, ghostscript but the visual quality of the
result is crap.
I imagine there is a way to produce compressed EPS exploiting Postscrit
Level 2 specifications or there's a "standard" path to follow to go from
 ContourPlot to an journal-submittable-size EPS (less than 100Kb)

How can I get a EPS file less than 100K for a ContourPlot with
PlotPoints->200 ???

Thanks you all.
Roberto