Generic TCPIP sockets in Mathematica (Mathlink?)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81869] Generic TCPIP sockets in Mathematica (Mathlink?)
  • From: Christian Chong-White <christian_chongwhite at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 04:53:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All

I acknowledge an earlier post on this topic (I found) but raise it
again here in case there is some recent innovation.

I am wanting to communicate across a TCPIP socket connection from
Mathematica to and from an external application (for interest: a
traffic microsimulation application). There is a defined protocol I
would implement. Is there anyway of doing this within Mathematica,
i.e., without the duress of writing additional Java or C/C++ code?

For example, Mathlink seems a nice related facility but appears locked
in to Mathematica-to-Mathematica-only usage.

Cheers
Christian