Help notebook style in Mathematica 6.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81847] Help notebook style in Mathematica 6.0
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 04:42:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

when I try to set the style sheet for help notebooks
in Mathematica 6.0 the Frontend has no corresponding
menu entry. But the stylesheet is there

$TopDirectory\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\StyleSheets\Wolfram\Reference.nb

more over, when I create a notebook with that style from the kernel
the Format|Style menu does not offer styles like "Text", "Input" ...
it is total empty.

a) Does anyone know how to modify the FrontEnd (no MenuSetup.tr does not
help) that the style sheet can be used from the FrontEnd.

b) is there a palette to set the defined styles manual, I can
make my own but if it exist somwhere ...

and the last question. When I looked into the Help notebooks,
every Cell[] has a CellID option. Needless to say, that this
is not documented. For what is it good for and is the CellID
used by the Help System in any way ?

Thanks in advance
   Jens