simulink model import

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81865] simulink model import
  • From: "Valentinis, Francis" <Francis.Valentinis at dsto.defence.gov.au>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 04:51:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

I am looking for a way to reliably convert a rather large Simulink model
into a set of equations that can be executed in Mathematica. My
intention is to be able to do some nonlinear control law synthesis
within Mathematica, possibly using the Control Systems Professional
Suite. I have a pair of papers written by Barker and Zhuang describing
some work done at Swansea on an automatic translator in the late 90s. I
have not, however been able to deduce if an up to date translator is
available either in the public domain or commercially. A
translator/importer is available for another system, but to be honest I
would much rather find a way to make this work in Mathematica.

I am able to linearise the simulink model in question at a number of
operating points, so it might be possible to write a code to use curve
fitting to turn my series of linear state-space models into a nonlinear
model in Mathematica. If anyone has done this and can point me to some
tips or code I would appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Francis

--
Dr Francis Valentinis
Research Scientist

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.