Matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82039] Matrices
  • From: KFUPM <hussain.alqahtani at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 04:26:02 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Group

I have two matrices

H= {{a,b},{c,d}}
and
L ={{1,2},{3,4}}

and I want  the element "a" in matrix H to have the corresponding
numerical values of L , i.e 1 and b --> 2 and so on. I am wondering
how to do that in the simplest way possible? My actual matrices are
larger than those i introduce here, i did that just for simplicity.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.